- Safety in road transport can be defined as a set of scientific methods, technical norms and technological procedures aimed at ensuring safe traffic, in order to protect human lives, material goods and the environment from accidents and traffic accidents. One of the key determinants of road transport in each country is traffic safety.
- In every peacetime human activity there is a risk, but the biggest is in road traffic, in which every person participates. The car and its associated social values are symbols of technologically developed societies, but the use of cars and other road vehicles causes traffic accidents that make automobile progress doubtful. Road traffic and safety therefore deserve attention not only at the technical, technological, organizational and economic level, but also at the level of social ethics and individual values.
- Security of road transport is a global problem and one of the biggest challenges of modern society. In spite of continuous technological development in the field of production of vehicles and road infrastructure, the investment of the population in the purchase of new vehicles, we are witnessing daily traffic accidents that result in mortality or serious injury of traffic participants According to statistics in traffic accidents every day on roads around the world, Of persons, of which there are 500 children. So, every 6 seconds, someone dies or becomes disabled on the roads, and every 3 minutes a child is killed.
- As the best measure for increasing road safety, the construction of high-quality road infrastructure, especially modern roads, roads and highways, was highlighted. Highways are modern roads of the highest level of service, intended exclusively for the traffic of motor vehicles, which by their construction and equipment provide fast, safe and comfortable travel.
- Although highways are built as secure traffic routes, traffic accidents often occur on the road due to large and often unreported speeds. In order to take measures to mitigate the consequences of road accidents, road safety is becoming a global policy for all European countries. Within the EU in the last 12 years, a number of documents have been adopted aimed at raising the level of road safety.
- Consequently PC Highway FB&H pay special attention to the safety of traffic on the highway. The Safety and Management Service is in the process of carrying out regular safety analyzes on the highway during the year 2016, different measures are being implemented, and since 2014, the first Center for Traffic Management and Control in B & H has been put into operation, where they are constantly monitoring 24 hours a day All tunnels and loops on the highway by the operator.
JP Autoceste FBiHSecutity report